Local and regional authorities from 44 eligible countries1 are invited to apply as a mentee to the PROSPECT+ Capacity-Building Programme as of 11 January 2022 in one of these thematic areas:
- public buildings,
- private buildings,
- public lighting,
Profile of a mentee
PROSPECT+ seeks local or regional authorities that are interested in learning from an experienced peer-mentor on how to finance sustainable energy and climate project using innovative financing schemes.
The person participating as a mentee should be directly involved in the financing and implementation of local sustainable energy and climate project for which they are seeking the expertise of a mentor. This project should be part of a local or regional sustainable energy and climate action plan or similar and should be at least in the preparatory stage. The mentee should be able to liaise with other experts and political representatives within their organisation together with all elements of information related to the local project and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and replication of the innovative financing scheme on the territory.
Mentees will have the opportunity to learn from other projects implemented in Europe and apply what they learned in their own context. Also, they will get tailor-made assistance adapted to their capacity-building objectives and needs, and confront ideas with peers, and finally share their experience and challenge their knowledge to come up with new solutions.
Why should you apply as a mentee?
The added value of PROSPECT+ is threefold:
- Improving public authorities’ capacity to implement their sustainable energy plans with reduced dependence on subsidies through peer to peer learning activities,
- Supporting public authorities in choosing the most suitable financing instruments for their projects,
- Finding synergies by linking public authorities with energy policymakers, associations of planners, technical experts, financing bodies and local actors in an intra European network through an innovative peer to peer capacity-building experience.
The call for applications for mentees is open until 28 January 2022.
The Capacity-Building Programme will focus on innovative financing for energy and climate actions with a strong focus on the crucial aspects of capacity building, decision-making and replication processes.
To reduce the dependence on subsidies, the project offers innovative financing schemes that are often more flexible and quicker solutions:
• Citizens Finance: crowdfunding and cooperatives
• Energy Performance Contracting (EPC)
• Internal Contracting
• Green Bonds
• Guarantee Funds
• Soft Loans
• Revolving Funds
• Third Party Financing
1 Eligible countries are EU-27 and the United Kingdom + H2020 associated countries: Albania, Armenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraine.